Fire Door Inspections
We Are A Fire Door Inspection Company
FDAI: Fire and Egress Door Assembly Inspection
Certified Fire Door Inspector are found here in Richmond VA at your local locksmith, American Lock & Key.
Our professionally certified technicians have more than 60 years of combined experience with a focus on safety.
Fire Door Inspections are now a requirement by Law, call for your Richmond Fire Door Inspections!
The Commonwealth of Virginia has a Uniform Building Code which is based on the 2009 I-codes. The codes are now effective as of March 1, 2011.
These Uniform Building Codes Are:
- 2009 International Building Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2009 International Existing Building Code
- 2009 International Fire Code
- 2009 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2009 International Mechanical Code
- 2009 International Plumbing Code
- 2009 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2009 International Residential Code
Richmond Fire Door Inspections Process
- Fire doors are governed by the building code and NFPA from design to specification, installation, and occupancy permits.
- Once a CO (Certificate of Occupancy) has been issued, the building code is closed. The Fire Code or Life Safety Code then takes over and becomes in effect for the operation and maintenance of the facility.
- The International Fire Code now contains language requiring post-occupancy inspections of swinging fire doors.
What is a fire door? How do I know? Our technicians can answer these questions, simply call us at 804-282-6060.
We will be happy to come out and do your fire door inspections. Get your swinging fire door inspected today!