Call for Emergency Service Mon–Sun: 6am – 10pm
Why Use a Locksmith Instead Of a Handyman
The locks need replacing or repairing? They are worn and the keys need to be super-jiggled to open. They are unable to provide security any longer. There is a possibility that all of the hardware could use replacement. What are the options available? Who is best to do this job?
Hiring a handyman who has a resume from soup to nuts should not be a consideration because of the potential consumer difficulties that can surface. By calling a professional locksmith the customer can be certain they are making the right decision when it comes to this specialized service.
So, why use a locksmith instead of a handyman?
- Locksmiths are trained to recommend the right product for the job. They are familiar with quality products they have installed it previously and know the product’s capacity.
- They are able to complete the job in record time. By not having to read instructions because they have installed the lock, or replaced the cylinders, or forged the keys innumerable times.
- They have a set price grid and rate for each job whereas a handyman will charge by the hour and because of his inexperience surpass standard installation and reparation fees.
- Using a locksmith provides a job guarantee which assures that should something go wrong with the installation that was his responsibility to ensure, a locksmith will return to fix the problem. Getting a handyman to return for a small adjustment will likely be a futile effort.
- In the instance of a costly, high quality lock being improperly installed, the manufacturer’s guarantee is not always applicable. If a locksmith improperly installs a lock the guarantee will apply (with receipt of payment for the lock and installation invoice) but if a handyman’s installation is questioned the guarantee will be void.
- A good locksmith can be counted on to make an appointment time and keep it and be available in emergency situations 24/7.
- Locksmiths carry specialized tools to ensure the work is carried out in the least amount of time and with no damage to existing locks, door frames or hardware.
- Locksmiths have a variety of barrels, locks, keys and products on hand to choose from.
- A professional locksmith will keep records of your products and register locks as needed.
- Locksmiths carry an assurance of security and safety.
Security – Experience – Professionalism
More About ALKRVA
Your Richmond Locksmith
Our Other Locksmith Services
Security Brands We Trust:
We are family-owned, full-service home security and locksmith company serving Richmond, VA since 1980. We can install your door and even secure it with high-security locks or electrified door hardware. Call us today to discuss our full range of services including maintenance agreements, property management, fire code door inspections, and bulk hardware sales.
DCJS # 11-3052
ALOA # 21019
Class A Contractor # 2705149627
Certified Fire Door Inspectors
American Lock & Key
2110 Spencer Rd.
Richmond, VA 23230
P: (804) 282-6060
F: (804) 282-1007